What does a Real Estate Administrative Assistant do?
At Keller Williams Realty we help our associates build business worth owning, careers worth having and lives worth living. The first hire that a Realtor should make when building a business is a Administrative Assistant to help leverage their time efficiently.
Part of the business building strategy includes building real estate teams that function at a high level. As each team grows there are more opportunities for individuals to meet their personal and financial goals. Through teamwork everyone achieves more!
The real estate administrative assistant is a key role in the real estate business and is the first hire of any realtor who wishes to take their business to the next level. This position is a critical position and the Talent that fills the roll must be specific and a good match for the Team. Working with a high volume Realtor is not always an easy task. The real estate administrative assistant position is often demanding, chaotic, and ever changing. However, working with the right person can be very rewarding personally and financially.
Here are some tasks associated with the position:
- A real estate administrative assistant will operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Real estate administrative assistant will also meet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- A real estate administrative assistant will also complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- A real estate administrative assistant will have to be computer literate so that they can conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
- Order and dispense supplies.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail or other materials and answer routine letters and a real estate administrative assistant will also locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Manage projects or contribute to committee or team work.
- Mail newsletters, promotional material, or other information.
- But a real estate administrative assistant will also review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information, internally or with other organizations.
- A real estate administrative assistant must provide services to customers, such as order placement or account information.
- Arrange conference, meeting, or travel reservations for office personnel.
- Supervise other clerical staff and provide training and orientation to new staff.
- Coordinate conferences and meetings.
- A real estate administrative assistant must be responsible for the collection and disbursement of funds from cash accounts, and keep records of collections and disbursements.
- Prepare and mail checks.
- A real estate administrative assistant must sometimes establish work procedures or schedules and keep track of the daily work of clerical staff.
Criteria for Administrative Assistant:
- Highly organized and task oriented
- Capable of handle chaos of each day
- Multi-tasked at a high level
- Compliant and follows instructions but not to a crippling point
- Innovative and able to implement efficient systems
- Learning based both independently and in a team environment
- Team player – excited to see others achieve more
Interested in Joining our Team?
Please fill out the form below.