Sticking close to home for Spring Break this year? Don’t let the kids drive you crazy being home from school for a week – get out an about with these ideas!
• Visit a museum – The Houston Museum District has 19 options to spend the day perusing the halls of fine art, science, and history. Try some of the lesser-known museums like the Buffalo Soldiers National Museum or the Houston Center for Photography, depending on your child’s particular areas of interest. One sure to be a hit is the Houston Health Museum (recently written up in Parent’s Magazine) as a boredom-free place to learn about the human body with larger than life displays of our inner workings.
• Attend a day camp – Mom and Dad need a break from spring break? Send the kids to one of these great day camps that have age-appropriate activities to keep kids active and entertained while you get a respite.
o My Gym offers non-stop fun for kids ages 3 – 9 in their afternoon camp. Group games, individual play time, snacks, and crafts – and your kids will have a ball in the ball pit!
o ASI Gymnastics has two sessions (one morning and one afternoon) daily during Spring Break week. If your child is super-energetic you can sign them up for both so they can play all day! Open play starts the day, followed by group activities in rotation around the entire gym. Snacks provided as well.
o Fun Quest is camp put on by the City of Conroe and offers fun activities like play acting, songs, games and sports at the Johnson Community Center.
• Go to the movies – The theaters at The Woodlands Town Center will be playing new releases that are perfect for kids, like the Lego Batman movie and the live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast.
• Try rock climbing – Inspire Rock is an indoor climbing facility in Spring that has a large kids area with special kids rock walls and other activities. They also offer a camp the first part of Spring Break week.
• Visit the zoo – The Houston Zoo is the second most visited zoo in the nation, so its gotta be good! If you haven’t been lately, check out the new gorilla exhibit, see the new baby Baird’s tapir, and visit with the latest Bornean orangutan addition.
Have a fun and adventurous Spring Break stay-cation!