T’was a week before Christmas, and all through The Woodlands, every parent was stirring, all over the house. Are you one of them? Desperately trying to come up with new ideas for where your Elf on the Shelf should land for these last few days? Here are our top seven picks for elf zany-ness for this final home stretch until Christmas Eve.
- Candy is an elf’s main food group, or so says Buddy the Elf in the classic Will Ferrell movie. Why not have your elf get into the goodies and fall over with a tummy ache? Spread out the M&Ms, Hershey Kisses and a few mini marshmallows.
- Suspend your elf “Mission Impossible style” from a ceiling fan using dental floss or gift wrap ribbon. Bonus points for adding action figure weapons or night vision goggles.
- Have your elf rock climbing the walls by taping mini gift bows to the wall and attaching your elf’s hands and feet to them in an upwards climbing pose.
- Cut a hole in the front panel of a cereal box and have your elf peek out the hole. Spill some cereal onto the counter. Or for a more comedic effect, have the elf’s backside sticking out as if he fell in!
- Using toothpaste, write a message on your kid’s bathroom mirror and have the elf perched on the counter holding the toothpaste tube.
- Make a boat for your elf out of a simple plastic container and have him go sailing in the bathtub.
- Have your elf “decorate” the Christmas tree using toilet paper instead of garland. Wrap the elf up in the toilet paper near the top of the tree.