Oh the dreary days of January have been upon us lately! The rain has kept most of us inside this past week, but sunny, cool days are ahead. Here are some ideas for fun things to do in The Woodlands before the weather gets hot again.
1. Take a walk or hike around George Mitchell Nature Preserve. With hiking trails, dedicated bike trails, a lake, and pure nature to enjoy, you and your family could spend the entire day here immersed in the calm, quiet beauty. Bring a picnic lunch!
2. Jump around at one of the indoor trampoline parks, such as Sky Zone in The Woodlands or Urban Air in Spring.
3. Rent a kayak and paddle around Lake Woodlands. Riva Row Boathouse on the Woodlands Waterway rents them by the hour. Cooler weather makes for a more enjoyable time on the water.
4. Visit The Woodlands Children’s Museum if you have little ones. Perfect for arts and crafts, story time and free play, kids from infants through about seven years old will have a blast! Fun times for rainy and cold days.
5. Play a round of golf at any one of the public courses in the area, including Augusta Pines located adjacent to the Augusta Pines Equestrian Center, Cypresswood near Bush airport, and Windrose on the south side. If you’re a serious golfer, take it a step further and consider joining one of the private courses like Carlton Woods, Cannongate, or The Woodlands Country Club.
6. Hop on the Waterway Trolley and spend the day sightseeing and shopping at all the stops along the way, including The Woodlands Mall, Town Green Park, Central Park, and Waterway Square.
7. Eat lunch or dinner outdoors on a crisp day at one of the popular restaurants with al fresco dining. Tommy Bahama’s, Jasper’s, or Via Emilia’s make great date night spots. Try Chuy’s Mexican, PF Chang’s, Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, or the Cheesecake Factory for a more family-friendly environment.
8. Shoot hoops at Legend’s Sports Complex. They have 8 courts for handling large crowds. They also have group fitness classes, a rock climbing wall, and indoor and outdoor volleyball courts.
And there you have it – more than a week’s worth of activities to keep you busy this winter!