Friday, March 17 is St. Patrick’s Day – the most celebrated holiday in the world! You and your family can have lots of fun at local events and restaurants in The Woodlands, Spring, and downtown Houston. Here’s a short list of activities where you can party like you’re Irish:
• Little ones will have fun painting rainbows with pots of gold, searching for leprechauns and watching a roving juggler at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. They will have a special performance by Cloggers Unlimited, a traditional Irish dance team.
• The Goose’s Acre, an Irish Pub and Restaurant on the Waterway has a whole week of festivities leading up to St. Patrick’s Day. Irish Bingo games, a running club race around the Waterway, and a special dinner paired with four types of Irish Whiskey lead up to the biggest celebration on Friday which includes an early opening, 14 hours of live bands, green beer and much more!
• The Woodlands St. Patty’s Day Celebration takes place on Friday at Town Green Park on Lake Robbins Drive. This all-day event opens at 11am and has food trucks, games, and of course, green beer. Tickets are $10 at the door and if you buy lunch before noon, you’ll receive a free drink ticket, so get there when it opens!
• For the Irish-at-heart who are 21 years old and over, Top Golf in Spring is hosting a St. Patrick’s Day happy hour on their rooftop terrace with green beer, chips and queso, games and music.
• Visit Houston’s oldest sports bar, Griff’s on Roseland Street, for their 52nd annual St. Patrick’s celebration. Also hosting events the week leading up to the holiday, Griff’s has a golf tournament, Irish food cook-off, and Cornhole tournament. On Friday, they will have an all-day, all-night festival with multiple bands, corned beef and cabbage, green beer, bag pipers, Irish dancers and face painters. Get your tickets early!