The holiday season brings lots of fun activities, both locally and around the Houston vicinity. Here are a few ideas to get you in the spirit:
• This Friday, December 15 at the Courtyard at The Woodlands Mall, carolers will be strolling around while photos with Santa are taken. The festivities will take place between 6 and 8pm.
• The Woodlands Children’s Museum is hosting a Gingerbread House Workshop on December 13 and 16 from 10am – 2pm. Kids ages 7 and under can enjoy some time building houses with Mrs. Claus, story time, and all the other fun that’s usually found at the museum.
• Head over to the Rob Fleming Recreation Center on December 15 or the Lodge on December 22 for Breakfast with Santa! Lots of music, fun, and photos with Santa and his elves accompany the delicious food. The Rec Center will also host a viewing of the movie “Elf” on December 16 at 7pm in the amphitheater.
• A little drive down to Galveston puts you in the middle of a real winter wonderland. Moody Gardens is again hosting Ice Land, a massive display of sculpted ice complete with ice slides to play on. Guests bundle up in parkas provided by the facility and enter sub-freezing temperatures to view the beautiful and amazing sculptures in multiple scenes. Next, try the one mile trail through the Festival of Lights, featuring lights, music, and animated light displays. Included with your Festival of Lights admission is a spin on the adjacent ice skating rink. Top it off with a fun ride down the Arctic Slide and a viewing of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in 4D. Alternatively, enjoy a dinner theater performance of Cirque Joyeux Noel live at the Moody Gardens Hotel.
• Theater lovers will truly enjoy a performance of A Christmas Carol at the Alley Theater in downtown Houston. This year’s performance will be extra special, as it marks the cast’s return to the stage following damage to the theater during Hurricane Harvey.