With Christmas day just one week away, you might find yourself scrambling to wrap up those last minute gifts, meals, and entertainment options. Use this list to help you cross items off of yours – and be sure to check it twice!
● Gifts: Last minute gifts don’t have to be generic or thoughtless – sure, you could re-gift that smelly candle you received three years ago, but try one of these instead:
○ Amazon Prime – for those who do not have one (or if they already do you can renew it), a 3-month or annual subscription to Amazon Prime is a gift that will surely be used and appreciated.
○ A Hydro Flask, Yeti cup or other nice beverage container. Everyone is on the go so much that having a nice cup that actually fits in your car’s cup holder while at the same time keeping hot drinks hot and cold ones cold, these gifts are great for just about anyone.
○ A subscription. Think about your gift receiver to determine what type of subscription would fit best – there are so many services out there, from wine of the month clubs, dinner kits, kids craft crates or science boxes, all the way to monthly massages. The best thing about a subscription is that the gift keeps coming even after the holidays are over.
● Meals: Christmas dinner, Hanukkah celebrations, and New Year’s parties all have the same requirement – food! Serve your guests the perfect meal without the hassle.
○ Whole Foods will make your entire holiday meal for you and you can pick it up the morning before. Just pop in the oven and/or microwave and dinner is done! They even have delicious pies and other desserts.
○ Get it catered. The list of restaurants to choose from is endless, so why not have your holiday meal catered in? No mess in the kitchen for you, just a delicious dinner delivered to your front door.
● Entertainment: Going to the movies is always a fun way to unwind after a busy holiday, but if you want more than sitting in a dark theater, try one of these:
○ Zoo Lights at the Houston Zoo is in full swing again this season. If you’ve never been, go check out the two million lights on display while the animals sleep. The lights are on until January 14.
○ Hop on the Grand Parkway and take a drive down to Constellation Field in Sugar Land to see the Holiday Lights with 100 displays. Santa will be there through December 23, too!
○ Old Town Spring celebrates its 37th Home for the Holidays now through December 23. Visit the quaint shops all decked out for the season, enjoy the twinkling lights and stop to listen to the musicians.